Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Heres the proble...

Dim rng as Range
On Error Resume Next
set rng = Application.InputBox("Select a range with your mouse", type:=8)
On Error goto 0
if not rng is nothing then
rng.Select
else
msgbox "You cancelled"
End if

Note that Application.InputBox is not the same as InputBox alone. The
latter is the vba inputbox and the former the Excel inputbox.

Tom Ogilvy

"Edwin Merced" wrote in message
I need to open an uinput box that should ask the user to type in a range.
When the user types the range and clicls a button the range shoud appear
selected. How difficult is this??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A very simple example:

Sub Macro1()

Dim rng As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = Application.InputBox("Select a range with your mouse", Type:=8)
On Error GoTo 0
If Not rng Is Nothing Then
rng.Select
Else
MsgBox "You cancelled"
Exit Sub
End If

Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlPie
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=rng, PlotBy:= _
xlColumns
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:=rng.parent.name
ActiveChart.HasTitle = False

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Dim rng as Range
On Error Resume Next
set rng = Application.InputBox("Select a range with your mouse",

type:=8)
On Error goto 0
if not rng is nothing then
rng.Select
else
msgbox "You cancelled"
End if

Note that Application.InputBox is not the same as InputBox alone. The
latter is the vba inputbox and the former the Excel inputbox.

Tom Ogilvy

"Edwin Merced" wrote in message
I need to open an uinput box that should ask the user to type in a

range.
When the user types the range and clicls a button the range shoud

appear
selected. How difficult is this??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A graph on a worksheet is a ChartObject which has top, left, height and
width attributes, so you can set those to size it.

With Activesheet.ChartObjects(1)
.top = 20
.Left = 20
.Height = 100