Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default OptionButtons

Hi, Using XL 2000

I have 10 OptionButtons (with a collective groupname
of 'Status') Each Optionbutton value contains numerical or
text values. I would like a selected value placed into my
worksheet using I guess something like this:

Worksheets("Testing").Cells(NewRow, "X") = OptionButton
selected value.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Option buttons are usually linked to a specific cell. Say this cell is M1.
When you click on the 1st option button, M1 will be 1; the 2nd o.b. will
make M1 a 2, etc.
You can take advantage of this by having the list of option buttons' values
and do something like:
Worksheets("Testing").Cells(NewRow, "X") = Array("OptionButton 1
text","OptionButton 2 text","...","Option Button 10
text")(Range("M1").value)

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi, Using XL 2000

I have 10 OptionButtons (with a collective groupname
of 'Status') Each Optionbutton value contains numerical or
text values. I would like a selected value placed into my
worksheet using I guess something like this:

Worksheets("Testing").Cells(NewRow, "X") = OptionButton
selected value.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Where are the optionbuttons - worksheet or userform.

Optionbuttons have a value of true or false. What do you mean by numerical
or text values - are you talking about the caption?

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi, Using XL 2000

I have 10 OptionButtons (with a collective groupname
of 'Status') Each Optionbutton value contains numerical or
text values. I would like a selected value placed into my
worksheet using I guess something like this:

Worksheets("Testing").Cells(NewRow, "X") = OptionButton
selected value.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

clarification.

The OB's are on a userform.
The values I need placing in the worksheet "Testing" are
(in this instance) numerical - 1 thru 10

The following achieves this, but is very inefficient..

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
Worksheets("Idea").Cells(NewRow, "X") = "1"
End Sub

Paul

Where are the optionbuttons - worksheet or userform.

Optionbuttons have a value of true or false. What do you

mean by numerical
or text values - are you talking about the caption?

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul" wrote in

message
Hi, Using XL 2000

I have 10 OptionButtons (with a collective groupname
of 'Status') Each Optionbutton value contains numerical

or
text values. I would like a selected value placed into

my
worksheet using I guess something like this:

Worksheets("Testing").Cells(NewRow, "X") = OptionButton
selected value.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use this method documented by John Walkenbach:

While it is written for commandbuttons, the method would work for
optionbuttons as well.

Tom Ogilvy