Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sort

I am creating a copy of a sheet in an outside excel file
and then currently am placing it immediately after the
first (template) sheet. I wanted to know if it was
possible to sort through the different tabs and place the
new sheet in alphabetical order of the rest of the
sheets. the sheet name that is created is (firstname1
lastname1, firstname2) i want to have all the tabs
alphabetically organized off of firstname1. there will be
three different sheets created with the identical
firstname1 lastname1, within these three sheets i want
them to be sorted according to firstname2 (which will be
unique). thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this is for internet searches i am just copying values
from a userform in one excel workbook to another excel
workbook. when the userform is filled out a sheet is
created in the other excel workbook with a new sheet that
is renamed to a field in the userform. I want to be able
to insert the new sheet into the workbook in alphabetical
order. i dont know if this is possible. thanks...

Use Ron De Bruin's google add in to search for Sort sheets
http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jimmy" wrote in

message
I am creating a copy of a sheet in an outside excel file
and then currently am placing it immediately after the
first (template) sheet. I wanted to know if it was
possible to sort through the different tabs and place

the
new sheet in alphabetical order of the rest of the
sheets. the sheet name that is created is (firstname1
lastname1, firstname2) i want to have all the tabs
alphabetically organized off of firstname1. there will

be
three different sheets created with the identical
firstname1 lastname1, within these three sheets i want
them to be sorted according to firstname2 (which will be
unique). thanks for any help

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just insert and then sort?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jimmy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i am not sure how to write the sort algorithm.. I have
very limited vb knowledge and am unsure how to do an
alphabetical sort...if you could help it would be great.
thanks