Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA

I'm working with different Laptops. When I create an Excel
Workbook with VBA Macros on W2000/Excel2000 and run this
file on W98/Excel97 in VBA I get the message: "Project
not viewable". The project is not running properly and I'm
not able to edit any macro (unviwable). ?????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Klaus" wrote in message
I'm working with different Laptops. When I create an Excel
Workbook with VBA Macros on W2000/Excel2000 and run this
file on W98/Excel97 in VBA I get the message: "Project
not viewable". The project is not running properly and I'm
not able to edit any macro (unviwable). ?????

Hi Klaus,

It sounds like you protected your project in Excel 2000. If so, Excel 97
is not able to unprotect it because Microsoft changed the way VBProject
protection was implemented between Excel 97 and Excel 2000. Save your
workbook in Excel 2000 with the project unprotected and you should be able
to debug it in Excel 97.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thanks for this info.
On my first attempt I had the project protected. Later on
I tried it with no protection for the project, but I have
still not been able to view my project/macros.
Klaus

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hi Rob,

After my first reply I made an other test: additional to
the delection of the project protection I deleted the
password in both input areas. In this version I can run my
file in Exc97 and open and edit the macros.

Thanks for your help
Klaus

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Klaus,

Have you removed the protection completely from Excel 2000? By that I
mean both unchecking the "Lock project for viewing" checkbox and deleting
the passwords from both password textboxes under the Tools/VBAProject
Properties/Protection menu and saving the workbook like this. If this
doesn't work, are there other Excel programs that you created in Excel 2000
on this same machine that you can try to open on the Excel 97 machine? This
will rule out some problem with the VBA environment on either machine.