Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding spaces to a text field

I am trying to modify a .csv file prior to importing to a
table in access. the first colum of this spreadsheet
represents a record id # that is used in my existing
databaase. In my database that perticular field is 6
characters long. The id 1234 would appear " 1234". In
the spreadsheet that I am importing, It appears "1234 ".
How can I make the change so I wont physicaly have to add
the spaces before the record ID after importing? Thanks
in advance for any help you can offer.

Jason Trolian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in an adjacent column you could put in a formula like

=" " & trim(A1)

then drag fill down.
Select this column and do edit =copy, then select column A and do
Edit=Paste Special and select Values.

Then delete the adjacent column with the formula.

Tom Ogilvy