Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formula help

I have a column where all the numbers are multiple of 5.
But, I want double check that all the numbers in rows are
multiple of 5. I used =if(mod(a1,5)=0, true, false)-(I
used inverted commas for true and false but in my current
keyboard this key is not working). So, I get reply true or
false. Its working but I want to change the colour of the
number which is false according to the condition applied.
How can I use colour in formula.
Any help appreatiated

Many thanks
sanjay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sanjay,

Use conditional formatting.
Select the column (I will assume column A)
Goto menu FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to FormulaIs
Add the formula =MOD(A1,5)<0
Click the format button
Choose a font colour
OK
OK

If not column A, just change A1 to the appropriate column.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips