Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default view comments in cell

If I slide with the cursor over a group of merged cells in
an Excel spreadsheet, the comments of that cells are shown
at the right hand side of the cell....but if this group of
cells is along the edge of the display, my comments won't
be shown because it's the end of the display.
How can I make them show (left hand side of cell ?) on the
display without scrolling the sheet ? Is there an option
in Excel or should I use a Visual Basic macro ?

regards, roland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Roland wrote:
How can I make them show (left hand side of cell ?) on the
display without scrolling the sheet ? Is there an option
in Excel or should I use a Visual Basic macro ?

I don't think you can control where the pop up comment appears.
You can control where the comment appears when activated for editing or
with the option to display the comment, but there is no event triggered
by the mouse passing over the cell with the comment indicator.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup