Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hi there...

I have a little problem i hope someone could help me
with...

How can i get Excel to check if a specific cell is
entered, and when this specific cell is entered run a
function???

e.g.
I wish to run function: show_graph when the user scrolls,
clicks or enters cell("B19").

I seem to have some understanding of it, but my function
needs that the user press enter in the desired cell. I
wish to activate the function even if the user scrolls
through it.

I hope that someone knows how.

Thx in advance

S.S.Sander
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Place the following code in your workbooks' ThisWorkbook
object foudn in your workbooks' project window Microsoft
Excel Objects.

Option Explicit

Dim MyxlApp As New clsMyxlAppEvents

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set MyxlApp.xlApp = Application
End Sub

Create a class module called clsMyxlAppEvents and from the
object combo box (has the word 'General' in it) select the
item xlApp use the procedure combo box to select
SheetSelectionChange. You will now look and an empty
procedure. This procedure will run each time the users
moves to a cell. Since you only want to do something when
cell B19 in your workbook you'll need code like this.
Target is the paramter passed in by the function and
represent the selected cell range.

Dim varReturn as Variant

If application.activeworkbook.name < "MyWorkbook" then
exit sub
If Target.Row = 19 And Target.Column = 2 then
'run your Public function here
varReturn = fncMyFunction
if varReturn then msgbox "My Function was executed"
end if

Hope this helps
regards
KM

I have a little problem i hope someone could help me
with...

How can i get Excel to check if a specific cell is
entered, and when this specific cell is entered run a
function???

e.g.
I wish to run function: show_graph when the user scrolls,
clicks or enters cell("B19").

I seem to have some understanding of it, but my function
needs that the user press enter in the desired cell. I
wish to activate the function even if the user scrolls
through it.

I hope that someone knows how.

Thx in advance

S.S.Sander
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hi again....

For some reason, unknown to me, are there not a xlApp
option, there´s simply a class option, in the object combo
box. Could the reason be that i´m in office 2000 (win98) ??

Again thx in advance

S.S.Sander
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think you missed out the bit about

Private WithEvents xlApp As Excel.Application

in the General Declarations of the class module.