Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatted printing

Hi, I'm trying to print using coordinates, without using the excel
built-in printer scheme.
I'd do something like this on Visual Basic:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Printer.Height = 279 * 56.7
Printer.Width = 216 * 56.7
Printer.Copies = 1
Printer.CurrentX = 32 * 56.7
Printer.CurrentY = 55 * 56.7
Printer.Print "Testing"
Printer.EndDoc
End Sub

But this doesn't work as it doesn't recognize printer.

Is there a way to print in a more "raw" way using VBA?

Beto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no Printer object in VBA and it is quite complicated to manipulate
printers using API calls. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Why
can't you use PageSetup?

--

Vasant

"Beto" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to print using coordinates, without using the excel
built-in printer scheme.
I'd do something like this on Visual Basic:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Printer.Height = 279 * 56.7
Printer.Width = 216 * 56.7
Printer.Copies = 1
Printer.CurrentX = 32 * 56.7
Printer.CurrentY = 55 * 56.7
Printer.Print "Testing"
Printer.EndDoc
End Sub

But this doesn't work as it doesn't recognize printer.

Is there a way to print in a more "raw" way using VBA?

Beto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message ...
There is no Printer object in VBA and it is quite complicated to manipulate
printers using API calls. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Why
can't you use PageSetup?

--

Vasant

Hi,
The problem is that I have a dot-matrix printer to print a form. I
can't make the printing match the space lines by adjusting the row
height, I know I have more control using the way I mentioned, because
I tried it on VB. Is there any other way to adjust the space in Excel?

regards,
--
Beto