Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compare and identify new data

I have a sheet called MasterData with Cust name - Cust # -
Job # and other stuff.

I will also have a sheet NewData that will be populated
with new data daily. The majority of the new data is
identical to the MasterData sheet. I need to identify
what is in the NewData that is not in MasterData.

Identification could be by any of the following methods:
Deleting all rows that DO match MasterData in NewData or
Highlighting all rows in NewData that DO NOT match.
Copy new rows from NewData into MasterData

Job # field will be the unique identifier.

How do I start this?

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First define what you want to do!

You have specfiied three alternatives, presumably one of these is the
preferred option?

My suggestion is do not start coding until you have figured out the process.

Cheers

"Dave Baffled" wrote in message
I have a sheet called MasterData with Cust name - Cust # -
Job # and other stuff.

I will also have a sheet NewData that will be populated
with new data daily. The majority of the new data is
identical to the MasterData sheet. I need to identify
what is in the NewData that is not in MasterData.

Identification could be by any of the following methods:
Deleting all rows that DO match MasterData in NewData or
Highlighting all rows in NewData that DO NOT match.
Copy new rows from NewData into MasterData

Job # field will be the unique identifier.

How do I start this?

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, lets delete everything that matches, leaving only the
new data.

wrote in message
I have a sheet called MasterData with Cust name - Cust

# -
Job # and other stuff.

I will also have a sheet NewData that will be populated
with new data daily. The majority of the new data is
identical to the MasterData sheet. I need to identify
what is in the NewData that is not in MasterData.

Identification could be by any of the following

methods:
Deleting all rows that DO match MasterData in NewData

or
Highlighting all rows in NewData that DO NOT match.
Copy new rows from NewData into MasterData

Job # field will be the unique identifier.

How do I start this?

Dave

Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the

World! 100,000 Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total

Privacy via Encryption =---
.