Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting Names

I have a rather long list of names (485)with 14 additional cells of information in each row. The originator of the excel file entered the names as first name then last name. My problem is to sort this list by last name. Is there a processs or a specific formula that will help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you could go to Data|Text to Column and split the names into 2 columns
then you'll have col A first names, B last and just Sort by col B
hope this helps