Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default help!!

I have a problem when I use the "Save As" Method of the MS Excel Application
object from within Visual Basic. All operations of opening, manipulation of
cells etc work. When I use the Save As method to save it into another file,
the program crashes .
The problem is complicated because we do not get the message from the IDE or
when we step through. We do not get the message with the executable on
certain machines. Unfortunately it is happening on all machines at our
customer end. am using Visual Basic 6.0 with MS Excel Libraray 8.0 for the
development. The customer is using MS Office 2000.

Can somebody help me on this. This is urgent.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Catherine,

I have a problem when I use the "Save As" Method of the MS Excel Application
object from within Visual Basic. All operations of opening, manipulation of
cells etc work. When I use the Save As method to save it into another file,
the program crashes .

This may be related to a known bug in Excel 2000 regarding the save-as method
and userforms loaded in memory:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=xlw2K

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse