Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using drop-down list in Excel 2003

Hello,
I have volunteered to help a friend and, having not done much VBA
came here for help. I am a programmer...for over 25 years..just no
with VBA, so don't baby me. lol

I would like to use VBA with Excel 2003 to trap the BeforeRightClic
event. In my vision, doing so (rt-click) anywhere in the workbook
will bring up a drop-down list with 3 items in it. I would like t
highlight the current row with one of 3 colors, depending on which lis
item is clicked.

There will be from 1 to n sheets in the workbook so the module shoul
be global but affect only the current row in whatever sheet tha
currently has focus.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Zen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your help. I already know how to get to the VBA screen.
Sorry for not being specific enough...I guess.

Im asking for some specific help on how to
#1: Create a drop down list in VBA.
#2: How to highlight the row that was right clicked with a color
corresponding to the item in the list
#3 How to call the drop down globally and have it affect only the
current row in the current spreadsheet.

This is not a paying job for me...only helping a friend on a home
application that he wants in order to keep track of jobs around the
houses statuses. RED=NEED TO DO, YELLOW=INCOMPLETE, and
GREEN=COMPLETE

Im capable of working this out alone but just thought to get some help
for what seems should be a very easy thing for VBA programmers who do
it every day.

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot. I've done some VB programming back a long time ago. I'
just not at all familiar with the objects in spreadsheets.
I'llgive this a look. Failing finding a solution with a drop-dow
list, I'll just put three columns.