Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Default Deleting name-objects

Hi

I'd like to delete all name-objects that contain the caption "Mark_XX". This
takes a very long time when more than 10'000 names of that kind are
available. Is there a faster way than doing it with a loop command?

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

You have to use a loop to delete the names.

Dim Nm As Name
For Each Nm In ThisWorkbook.Names
If Nm.Name Like "Mark_??" Then
Nm.Delete
End If
Next Nm

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi

I'd like to delete all name-objects that contain the caption "Mark_XX".

This
takes a very long time when more than 10'000 names of that kind are
available. Is there a faster way than doing it with a loop command?

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

I'd like to delete all name-objects that contain the caption "Mark_XX". This
takes a very long time when more than 10'000 names of that kind are
available.

You mean defined names?

Consider downloading the Name manager (by Charles Williams, Matthew Henson and
myself) from:

www.jkp-ads.com

or

www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp

or from:

www.decisionmodels.com/downloads.htm

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Chip

Is this the only solution? Is it not possible to use something like this:

Activeworkbook.Remove.Names

Tom

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi

I'd like to delete all name-objects that contain the caption "Mark_XX".

This
takes a very long time when more than 10'000 names of that kind are
available. Is there a faster way than doing it with a loop command?

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

As far as I know, there is no way to delete all the names in a workbook
without resorting to a loop.

--

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi

I'd like to delete all name-objects that contain the caption

"Mark_XX".
This
takes a very long time when more than 10'000 names of that kind are
available. Is there a faster way than doing it with a loop command?

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can turn transition on and use sendkeys to send the Lotus menu/keystroke
equivalent to remove all names. I don't recall the keystrokes, but this
has been posted in the group, so should be able to find it in a Google group
search.

Tom Ogilvy