Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default .FileSearch

Has something changed in Excel 2002 (or XP) such that
the .FileSearch Property no longer works as it had in
Excel 2000? The FileSearch no longer returns the correct
results from a search. For example, the code listed
below only returns the .html files listed on my C drive.
Searches for "*.doc" or "*.xls" always return empty.

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "C:\"
.SearchSubFolders = True
.Filename = "*.*"
.MatchTextExactly = True
.FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles
.Execute
End With

Any thoughts?

In searching this newsgroup, there was only 1 question
(posted 10/22/03) similar to this and it was never
answered.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Randall

Check out this thread from google search. Consensus is that WinXP is a bit
buugy when it comes to FileSearch.

http://snurl.com/33mw

Gord Dibben XL2002

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:16:14 -0800, "Randall" wrote:

Has something changed in Excel 2002 (or XP) such that
the .FileSearch Property no longer works as it had in
Excel 2000? The FileSearch no longer returns the correct
results from a search. For example, the code listed
below only returns the .html files listed on my C drive.
Searches for "*.doc" or "*.xls" always return empty.

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "C:\"
.SearchSubFolders = True
.Filename = "*.*"
.MatchTextExactly = True
.FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles
.Execute
End With

Any thoughts?

In searching this newsgroup, there was only 1 question
(posted 10/22/03) similar to this and it was never
answered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Randall

You can try .xls or .doc

You can also use the Dir function
I use it in some examples on my site, maybe you can use it
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Randall" wrote in message ...
Has something changed in Excel 2002 (or XP) such that
the .FileSearch Property no longer works as it had in
Excel 2000? The FileSearch no longer returns the correct
results from a search. For example, the code listed
below only returns the .html files listed on my C drive.
Searches for "*.doc" or "*.xls" always return empty.

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "C:\"
.SearchSubFolders = True
.Filename = "*.*"
.MatchTextExactly = True
.FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles
.Execute
End With

Any thoughts?

In searching this newsgroup, there was only 1 question
(posted 10/22/03) similar to this and it was never
answered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dls dls is offline

"Randall" wrote in message

[...]

.
I have encountered a similar problem. I have many Office

2000 vba programs using Application.Filesearch and
Foundfiles.count, non of them work in Office 2002. The
returned count is always zero. I have gotten around this
by running the code on an Office 2000 system and mapping
to the Office 2002 files.