Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Modification history

I want to design a spreadsheet with an automated means to
record the timestamp when each of the different worksheets
within the spreadsheet are modified.

I would suppose that the BeforeSave and
WorkSheetSelectionChange events need to be used in
combination.

However, WorkSheetSelectionChange event would be trigerred
everything something is modified; and thus could give me
an incorrect picture; for example: if I change something
on a worksheet and UnDo it then my simple routine would
still record it as a change.

I would like this modification history table to be built
only if the worksheet has really changed in contents with
reference to its previously saved version. In that
situation only do I want a record to be added; also it
needs to be only one record per worksheet for each SAVE
and not every time the worksheet is changed.

Anybody has any ideas?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Akshay.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To be that precise, you would need to record the state of the worksheet(s)
at the start, then make a comparison when the save is done to see if there
is a difference. Sounds like a lot of overhead. Then if you find a
difference, write your record. This comparison and writing would be done in
the before save event. You would then update your record of the "starting
position"

Tom Ogilvy

"Akshay Bakhai" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom

I have not explored the history feature. I will try that
out to see if I can put it to some use.

thanks a lot for the help

.