Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MSCOMM

I have a VB program using MSCOMM32.ocx. When a DC2
charactor is received via com port, I send out a text
string on the same com port. If the user is editing a
cell on the worksheet, the MSComm1_OnComm event
comEvReceive does not activate. If a cell is not being
edited everything works file. Does excel stop executing
the VB program is users are editing a cell.

thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like VB within Excel will not work. Would a VB
program written seperate from Excel be able to access an
open excel worksheet and retreive a cell value if the cell
is being edited by a user.
In short, the answer is yes. There are a lot of instances

where it would be
nice to have code running while a user is actually

editing, but this is not
possible. VBA loses control to Excel.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com