Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TJV TJV is offline

Default Restoring Toolbars

I've put together this elaborate Excel spreadsheet that disables the
toolbars, pull-down menus and shortcuts at startup of the file (for
security reasons). In the VBA code, I've got .Enabled = False when the
workbook opens and .Enabled = True BeforeClose. I have only one custom
toolbar for users to save, print, etc. This code is in the "This
Workbook" module and not in the normal template.

Here's my problem. Even though I've reversed all my commands in code,
when I close this workbook and open up another file, the toolbars are
still missing and have the custom configuration of the "specialized"
workbook. The workbook is called "Working Salary Plan Tool."

I went into my "c:\" drive and I found a shortcut link with the
"Working Salary Plan Tool" name. When I delete that file out of
"c:\winnt\profiles\"user name"\recent\" directory and restart Excel,
the toolbars are back to normal.

This worksheet is eventually going to be sent to about 100 managers to
input data. When they open the file it will activate the "special"
configuration and when they close out of the file, they won't be able
to figure out how to get their toolbars back.

Is there a way to either a)delete the "Working Salary Plan Tool.lnk"
file from the users Recent folder when they close the file or is there
something in the original code that I need to do so that the default
Excel toolbars are restored?