Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I track down where a value is getting lost?

I have a userform, that until recently, had been working fine. I added some
code and now, I am loseing the value in a textbox that I should not be
losing. How can I trap this?

basicallay, I need to assign a value from an offset, an dthen it should
remain that same value, except when 1 other box is changed, and then it
should be stuffed with the new value. This part of the code, I have NOT
changed.

How can I tell what is happening?

This is Excel 2002

Thanks
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Phil,

The easiest way is to "step through" your code. Just set a breakpoint by
selecting a line of code and hitting F9 (or clicking in the gray area to the
left of the code pane). When your code executes, it will now allow you to
step through your code line by line (using F8). You can hover your mouse
pointer over variables and expressions and tooltips should show you their
current values. You can also execute expressions in the Immediate window
while in break mode.

Alternatively, you can set a Watch by going to Debug | Add Watch. You can
set code to break when the value changes so you'll know where it's
happening.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com