Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default code for creation of multiple pivot tables

I'm developing a reporting pack that references one Excel data list, but
contains 20+ pivots each with different page, row, column and data fields
and some with certain page field values selected.

For time to time, usually when the file gets contaminated with a bug, I have
to manually re-create all the pivots - a manual and painful process.

Does anyone have code for rapidly creating pivots from variables placed in a
single worksheet? I had in mind something similar to John W's custom menu
generator.

Thanks, John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have the code, but I can tell you how to easily
develop this. A couple of years ago, a company I worked
with did the same...created painfully difficult-to-develop
pivot tables, that you had to manually adjust. There were
so many of them....

In those days, I just recorded a macro, and obtained the
code for that particular type of pivot table. I was
trying to tell them that doing it manually was not the
best way. But at that time, the company decided to
abandon its pivot table approach, so I never developed the
code beyond that. But I know someone can get a start with
some recorded code, and then learn how to modify and
control it beyond that.

If no-one is able to supply you with code, you might want
to try this in the meantime.

.