Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default prompt when saving as .txt (Tab delimited) format?

All,

I am scripting/programming Excel XP and I am trying to save a worksheet as
..txt (Tab delimited). Here is my code which lives in a VB application:

objWorkSheet.SaveAs sSavePath & SaveName & ".txt", xlText, , , , False

I keep getting an application / object defined error when i run this line of
code.

I attempted to do the equivalent manually and i found that i am getting a
dialog that states:

FileName.txt may contain features that are not compatible with Text (Tab
delimited). Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?

* To keep this format, which leaves out any incompatible features, click
Yes.
* To preserve the features, click No. Then save a copy in the latest
Excel format.
* To see what might be lost, click Help.

Through script/code, how do i prevent this message from appearing or
attempting to appear?? My Excel application object's Visible property is
set to false...

Thanks!!!!

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have not had experiencre with this type of problem but try

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
objWorkSheet.SaveAs sSavePath & SaveName & ".txt", xlText, , , , False
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

or

on error resume next
objWorkSheet.SaveAs sSavePath & SaveName & ".txt", xlText, , , , False
on error goto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

An object defined error means

objWorksheet does not reference an object.

it doesn't have anything to do with that prompt.

Tom Ogilvy

Brian McCullough wrote in
message ...