Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default find and copy data from one sheet to another

Hi All, I'm running Excel97 on Win2K and need some advice.
I have a workbook with several worksheets (revenue
workbook). One of the worksheets gets filled in with user
data. One of the pieces of data is a store number. Another
workbook (store information) on the same machine has the
store information such as address, zip, phone, contact
info, etc. I need to get the information from the
information workbook to the revenue workbook upon entering
of the store number.

I.E. if someone enters store number 111, I want all of the
address and contact information taken from the information
workbook and populated in the revenue workbook.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess I should have said that cell A1 in the information
workbook has the store number and I'm asking the user to
enter the store number in cell A1 in the revenue workbook,
so what I need to do is as soon as the user enters the
store number into A1 of the revenue workbook I need to
performa lookup in cell A1 of the information workbook.
When I find a match I need to copy the store information
from cells A2 to A7 of the information workbook into cells
A2 to A7 of the revenue workbook...does this make sense???

Thanks

.