Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Grouping Option Boxes?

I've got a form that can be filled out in Excel, or printed out and
filled in with pen. I'm using the "Option Box" from the Forms toolbar,
but they are all linked, i.e., only one Option Box can be checked at
any given time. How can I differentiate among groups of Option Boxes
on the same page? I have tried using the Group Box to no avail.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change the GroupName property of the control - all options with the same
name are linked together.

The group box (of frame) will organise the controls together unless you
change the GroupName property.

Cheers
Nigel

"Drewski" wrote in message

I've got a form that can be filled out in Excel, or printed out and
filled in with pen. I'm using the "Option Box" from the Forms toolbar,
but they are all linked, i.e., only one Option Box can be checked at
any given time. How can I differentiate among groups of Option Boxes
on the same page? I have tried using the Group Box to no avail.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Guess you didn't read the post Nigel.

I'm using the "Option Box" from the Forms toolbar,

Optionbuttons from the forms toolbar don't have a groupname property.

How can I differentiate among groups of Option Boxes

on the same page?

So he wants to group them, not ungroup them. A group box is used to do that
with the forms controls.

Tom Ogilvy

"Drewski" wrote in message

I've got a form that can be filled out in Excel, or printed out and
filled in with pen. I'm using the "Option Box" from the Forms

toolbar,
but they are all linked, i.e., only one Option Box can be checked at
any given time. How can I differentiate among groups of Option Boxes
on the same page? I have tried using the Group Box to no avail.
Thanks!

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OOps! - sorry about that....... but its worth remembering to add the option
controls to the frame after the frame was created not before.

Cheers
Nigel

"Drewski" wrote in message

I've got a form that can be filled out in Excel, or printed out and
filled in with pen. I'm using the "Option Box" from the Forms

toolbar,
but they are all linked, i.e., only one Option Box can be checked at
any given time. How can I differentiate among groups of Option

Boxes
on the same page? I have tried using the Group Box to no avail.
Thanks!

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

News==----

Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption
=---