Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formula help

Hi

I have been here before and the help was great.
OK
What I need to do is have a formula which transfers
scores. I have a main league
with 42 people on it which I update each person individually.
example
Name Week 7 TTL
F. Bloggs 42 400
C. Smith 36 395
B. Brown 56 356
C. White 45 354
D. Dunn 65 300
R. Ball 20 256

I want to create some mini leagues (different part of spread sheet separate
cells)
with certain people in it
example
C. White 45 354
D. Dunn 65 300
R. Ball 20 256

So when I update the main league, the mini leagues with
certain people in them also update with the score I have given them on the
main league.
***** The main league names will change position up/down the league
according to score*****
Can this still be done....

does this make sense

Many thanks Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The vlookup formula should work for you

=(minileaguename,mainleaguetable,2,False)

for the 2nd column. for the 3rd column change the 2 to a three

Assume mainleaguetable is A2:C43

the minileaugecell with C. White is F90

in G90

=Vlookup(G90,$A$2:$C$43,2,False)

in H90
=Vlookup(G90,$A$2:$C$43,3,False)

Select G90:H90
Then drag fill down the columns till you reach the last mini league player
in that mini league.

Tom Ogilvy