Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Missing Reference

I have a worksheet with an ActiveX control (created by me) on it. The control has worked fine up to now, but now it is in a sorry state.

1. The control is shrunken to just a point; it does not function, but it is pickable in Design Mode and can be expanded. Once expanded, it has a blank UI (it's a button and the outline is greyed out and it has no caption)

2. Tools/References shows it as a Missing Reference (it's in the #5 position of 10 listed), although the pathname is correct and the control (.ocx) is located there

3. In code that I have written to list references, the reference count is 11!!! Reference #5 is not listed, but the 10th one listed is the correct name for the Missing Reference

4. Reference #5 cannot be deleted programmatically as it is a "Default Reference" and they cannot be deleted

5. If I delete the worksheet that hosts the ActiveX control, the missing reference box can be unchecked. Then I just have to recreate the worksheet

Any ideas on how to clear the missing reference without deleting the host worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

Try the following. Close Excel. Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run and
unregister the control with

RegSvr32 "C:\path\controlname.ocx" /u

Then re-register the control with

RegSvr32 "C:\path\controlname.ocx"

Now go back to Excel/VBA and see if this clears things up.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson