Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Calls

Hello,
I am looking for some help in merging 4 columns together without losin
information in any colum:
i.e.
If I have C A R S in 4 different columns, I want the fifth colum
to say CARS.

I did some research online and came across this tip:
____________________________________
Sub Connects()
Dim intRow As Integer
Dim txt As String
intRow = 1
Do Until IsEmpty(Cells(intRow, 1))
Cells(intRow, 1) = Cells(intRow, 1) & " - " & Cells(intRow, 2)
Cells(intRow, 2).ClearContents
Range(Cells(intRow, 1), Cells(intRow, 2)).Merge
intRow = intRow + 1
Loop
Columns(1).AutoFit
End Sub

_____________________________________

I inserted this into a Macro, but I have no idea on how to call thi
procedure. Can anyone please help??? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Ichhat,

The macro seems to be an overkill for the task.
The following would do the job:

Say:
C is in Column A Row 1
A is in Column B Row 1
R is in Column C Row 1
S is in column D Row 1

In column E type this formula =A1&B1&C1&D

The ampersand & joins text together.

Jamal

the amph

I am looking for some help in merging 4 columns together

without losing
information in any colum:
i.e.
If I have C A R S in 4 different columns, I want the

fifth column
to say CARS.

I did some research online and came across this tip:
____________________________________
Sub Connects()
Dim intRow As Integer
Dim txt As String
intRow = 1
Do Until IsEmpty(Cells(intRow, 1))
Cells(intRow, 1) = Cells(intRow, 1) & " - " & Cells

(intRow, 2)
Cells(intRow, 2).ClearContents
Range(Cells(intRow, 1), Cells(intRow, 2)).Merge
intRow = intRow + 1
Loop
Columns(1).AutoFit
End Sub

_____________________________________

I inserted this into a Macro, but I have no idea on how

to call this
procedure. Can anyone please help??? Thanks.

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
that's right that the macro is just a litle bigger for it. But if you want to use it, paste it under your own macro as a new one and in your macro just write connects ( because it is the name of the macro in your exemple) in a line to launch the macro you have found. When the connects macro will be done, the program will just restart on your own macro at the next line.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jamal,

Sorry, I gave a bad example:

What I have is:

Have a good day (Each word in a seperate cell)

What I would like to do is:

Have""a "" good""day in one cell. THE "" represent spaces. An
idea how to get this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never Mind Jama, I figured it out...thank you!

for those of you who didn't know, you can do:

=(A1 &" " & B1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

same 2 possibility

If you want to use the macro change " - " by " " in the line Cells(intRow, 1) = Cells(intRow, 1) & " - " & Cells(intRow, 2
if not, use the excel function

=concatenate(A1," ",B1," ",C1," ",D1) in E1 for exempl