Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing Pivot Table's Data in VBA

I have a pivot table that is linked to data returned by MS Query.
I'd like to highlight cells in the data body of the pivot table, base
on the values of other fields returned by the query. How do
accomplish this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select your cells and apply conditional formatting (format, conditional
formatting)

This would need to be done after each change in the pivot table I believe.

Tom Ogilvy

"spjoseph0511" wrote in message

I have a pivot table that is linked to data returned by MS Query.
I'd like to highlight cells in the data body of the pivot table, based
on the values of other fields returned by the query. How do I
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

The value I wish to format on is not on the active sheet. It is
field in the source row of the data. As far as I know, the only way
can view the value of that field is if I drill down, and a ne
worksheet opens with the row.

How would I reference the value of that field if it is not displayed o
the active sheet?

Thanks,
Stephe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think there is an equivalent to drilldown in VBA.

You might have to grab the source data in ADO or something and try to get to
the data.

Tom Ogilvy

spjoseph0511 wrote in message

Tom,

The value I wish to format on is not on the active sheet. It is a
field in the source row of the data. As far as I know, the only way I
can view the value of that field is if I drill down, and a new
worksheet opens with the row.

How would I reference the value of that field if it is not displayed on
the active sheet?

Thanks,
Stephen