Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newby question: use a worksheet but not show?

How can I use a worksheet but change to it on the display?

Sheets("Order Input Forum").Select
Range("A13").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Order Records").Select
Range("C4").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Using this code how can I use the worksheets without jumping between
them on the display?

Thanks,
Olly
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Olly,

You rarely need to select a sheet or a range to work with it.

Try the following instead of the code that you were using:

Sub TestMe()
Sheets("Order Input Forum").Range("A13").Copy _
Sheets("Order Records").Range("C4")
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

John

Olly wrote:

How can I use a worksheet but change to it on the display?

Sheets("Order Input Forum").Select
Range("A13").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Order Records").Select
Range("C4").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Using this code how can I use the worksheets without jumping between
them on the display?

Thanks,
Olly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Olly,

With Copy, you can try

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("G1").Copy _
Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Range("B6")

'---

If you just want to transfer the value, you can try

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("B5").Value = _
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("G1").Value

'---

The is seldom any need to use Select, however if you have to you can the following to increase speed and eliminate screen flicker

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'code here
Application.ScreenUpdating =True

HTH