Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trimming Excess Data

My worksheet loks like

# Group FirstName LastName Scor

1 A John Jones
2 A Bill Brown
3 A Sue Harper
4 A Mary Rae
5 A Sal Pacino
6
7
8

My data varies from 200 rows to 250 rows and I need to peform a Selection.End(xlDown).Select in the FirstName column (to Sal), then go down 1 more row and select the contents of the # and Group columns (from 6 A to 8 A). Then I need to clear the contents of these cells

Any help would be greatly welcomed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Phil,

Lots of different ways. Here's one, assuming your data starts in A1,
and there aren't any other blanks in your data set:

Range(Range("C1").End(xlDown)(2),
Range("A1").End(xlDown)).EntireRow.Delete

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Phil" wrote in message
My worksheet loks like:

# Group FirstName LastName Score

1 A John Jones 9
2 A Bill Brown 8
3 A Sue Harper 8
4 A Mary Rae 7
5 A Sal Pacino 4
6 A
7 A
8 A

My data varies from 200 rows to 250 rows and I need to peform a

Selection.End(xlDown).Select in the FirstName column (to Sal), then go
down 1 more row and select the contents of the # and Group columns
(from 6 A to 8 A). Then I need to clear the contents of these cells.

Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming that the column is C:

ActiveSheet.Range("C65536").End(xlup).Select

This will select the last cell in that column that has a
value. The statement does the same as if you were go to
the last cell in column C and then click Ctrl+Up Arrow.

tod

.