Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default IF(ISERROR(MATCH - need value where match was found

I'm trying to work up a formula that will look at the value in a cell, find
it in a column on another sheet, and when found pull the value from the same
row, different column where the match was found. Here's what I have so far:

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH($B2,'[TIRs 11-06-03.xls]Sheet1'!$C$2:$C$12000,0)),0, ????

So if the match for the value in B2 was found in C100, the formula would
pull the value from G100.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ed,

Have you looked at the VLOOKUP function?

Give the following a try...

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,C2:G1200,5,False)),0,VLOOKU P(B2,C2:G1200,5,False))

Dan E