Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CopyPicture

Hi,
When you paste a Range of Cells as an image, the size of
the image is limited.
(You can try with a wide selection of cells; do copy, open
a new word Document, do Edit/Paste Special/Image. The
image will be smaller than you expect.)
Does anybody know how can I workaround ?
Thanks!
Remi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Remi,

Does this work better...?

1. Select the range
2. Hold down SHIFT key while opening Edit menu
(lookie! there are some new menu items now!)
3. Select Copy Picture... Click OK
4. Switch to Word and paste

--
Ture Magnusson
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Remi" wrote in message
When you paste a Range of Cells as an image, the size of
the image is limited.
(You can try with a wide selection of cells; do copy, open
a new word Document, do Edit/Paste Special/Image. The
image will be smaller than you expect.)
Does anybody know how can I workaround ?
Thanks!
Remi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for the tip "SHIFT key".

"Copy Picture" do the same as my macro:
ActiveSheet.Cells.CopyPicture [xlScreen/xlPrinter],
[xlPicture/xlBitmap]
But now I can see a message :
"this image is too large and will be truncated"
(translated from french with www.google.com)

It seem to be no way for a large selection of cells, and I
will have to concatenate several little pictures
acceptable from Excel to have the expected one !?

Remi

"Remi" wrote in message
When you paste a Range of Cells as an image, the size of
the image is limited.
(You can try with a wide selection of cells; do copy,

open
a new word Document, do Edit/Paste Special/Image. The
image will be smaller than you expect.)
Does anybody know how can I workaround ?
Thanks!
Remi

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Remi,

This works on my machine, and I can paste the picture into Word:
Range("A1:IV65536").CopyPicture _
Appearance:=xlScreen, _
Format:=xlPicture

However, this one cannot be handled:
Range("A1:IV65536").CopyPicture _
Appearance:=xlScreen, _
Format:=xlBitmap

My machine has 1 GB RAM, Win XP Pro and Excel 2002

--
Ture Magnusson
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Remi" wrote in message
When you paste a Range of Cells as an image, the size of
the image is limited.
(You can try with a wide selection of cells; do copy,

open
a new word Document, do Edit/Paste Special/Image. The
image will be smaller than you expect.)
Does anybody know how can I workaround ?
Thanks!
Remi

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Remi

I think it's a limitation of a "maximum screen resolution in Windows" kind -
can't find it documented anywhere though. Perhaps setting a window zoom in
Excel might help to get more and smaller cells into it. It might also prompt
"out of memory" and die. Zoom does that at times. But who'd need a picture
bigger than maximum screen resolution ?

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"Remi" skrev i melding
Thank you for the tip "SHIFT key".

"Copy Picture" do the same as my macro:
ActiveSheet.Cells.CopyPicture [xlScreen/xlPrinter],
[xlPicture/xlBitmap]
But now I can see a message :
"this image is too large and will be truncated"
(translated from french with www.google.com)

It seem to be no way for a large selection of cells, and I
will have to concatenate several little pictures
acceptable from Excel to have the expected one !?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The macro CopyPicture "works"...?
Do you really have the selected cells ? If you have "My
Test" as value in then cell IV65536, do you find the same
in the image ?

"Remi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank for your cooperation,
Changing screen resolution, or zomming excel view, change
nothing.
For your comprehension, I want to show complex processus
drawn in excel into a web way. An other way will be to
save the Excel sheet in an HTML format.
But : there is no way to resize the destination

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Remi,

It "works" in the meaning that it doesn't generate an error message,
but it seems as if the picture isn't complete when pasted into Word.

I get somewhat different results if I paste the copied picture onto an
Excel sheet first and then copy that image into Word.

If you wish, you may send me the file and I'll see if I can copy an image
into Word. Send it to ture at turedata dot se

--
Ture Magnusson
Microsoft MVP - Excel