Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default newbie - how to save macro for use on another machine

I've used macros only on one machine so far. Now I have to write few macros,
to protect it and to distribute Worksheet with the corresponding macros via
Internet.
Which is the best way to do it? Is there any way to save macros as compiled
program, or something like that and have them as the included object in just
one worksheet?
It's important to protect this so I was thinking of one crazy thing - to
copy some functions into VB dll project and to include it in macro.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

When creating macro, you can choose, do you save it into current workbook,
or into Personal Macro Workbook. Save all of them into module in current
workbook - so you can freely distribute the workbook without having to
bother about macros.

To protect your macros, procedures or UDF's in your workbook, you can
protect the VBA-Project (In VBA Editor - press Alt+F11 to open it -
right-click on project, select VBA-ProjectProperties.Protection, and protect
it with password). It's not 100% secure of course, but it's enough for most
users, I think.

--
(When sending e-mail, use address )
Arvi Laanemets