Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Use macro code from external xls file

Hello

We are distributing an Excel based application which contains a number of
spreadsheet files. Currently, the main vba code logic is ina perosnal.xls
file in the XLSTART directory.

However, when we distribute the files we may have a problem putting a file
in thid directory for users - and we only want to apply the macros to our
own spreadsheets. So is there a way that we can simply have a spreadsheet
with vba code within it and then get other spreadsheets to look for this
external file - which will basically be in the same path?

ie we have file1.xls and file2.xls in say C:\SomePath We copy vbastuff.xls
into this same directory. Then file1.xls and file2.xls should then be able
to use the vba functions etc in vbastuff.xls. That sort of idea anyway.

How can we do this sort of thing?

Angus Comber

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

toolsoptions, general tab "optional startup file Location".

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com