Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Insert comment command

I have a 'Protected and Shared' workbook that a group of colleagues and
myself use at work.

Problem: I want to make the 'Insert Comment' function invalid. I want it
only to become valid on clicking a programmed button on my sheet. This will
then allow a comment to be inserted. After the comment has been inserted,
the function will once again become invalid.

Q. Can you offer any advice?

Thanks in anticipation

Russ Stevens
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you protect objects as part of your protection, then you can't insert
comments. In your code, unprotect the sheet, add the comment, reprotect the
sheet. How sharing the workbook affects this scenario, I can't say although
I know sharing imposes a lot of restrictions.

Tom Ogilvy

Russell Stevenson wrote in message
om...
I have a 'Protected and Shared' workbook that a group of colleagues and
myself use at work.

Problem: I want to make the 'Insert Comment' function invalid. I want it
only to become valid on clicking a programmed button on my sheet. This

will
then allow a comment to be inserted. After the comment has been inserted,
the function will once again become invalid.

Q. Can you offer any advice?

Thanks in anticipation

Russ Stevens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you can use this option

You can protect the worksheet (ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet) and check
"Edit Objects"

They can edit all objects this way!!

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry

I see Tom mention it already about the protection option

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)