Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatically including the Form and Code in all the user file

Greetings !

I have one workbook where I have created an USERFORM and 2
macros(modules). (for better understanding I would call this
PROG.XLS)

I want to use this USERFORM and the macro in multiple(different) excel
work books which contains data and which I receive from my client. (for
better understanding I would call this DATA.XLS)

I want to paste(?) the USERFORM and Macros from PROG.XLS to DATA.XLS
automatically (using VBA) so that I can start using DATA.XLS.

I am new to VBA and I would request you to take this into consideration
while providing help.

Also I would like to know if I save PROG.XLS as XLA file would the
USERFORM also be available for all the workbooks

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could set PROG.XLS up as a template, and just open this template when
ever you wanted that code.

If you want more complex VBA solution , take a look at Chip's site
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

On the addin , the best way is to try it. As it happens the answer is yes it
would, but it is very simple to try and discover yourself (which is always
the best way to learn<vbg).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ssexcel" wrote in message

Greetings !

I have one workbook where I have created an USERFORM and 2
macros(modules). (for better understanding I would call this
PROG.XLS)

I want to use this USERFORM and the macro in multiple(different) excel
work books which contains data and which I receive from my client. (for
better understanding I would call this DATA.XLS)

I want to paste(?) the USERFORM and Macros from PROG.XLS to DATA.XLS
automatically (using VBA) so that I can start using DATA.XLS.

I am new to VBA and I would request you to take this into consideration
while providing help.

Also I would like to know if I save PROG.XLS as XLA file would the
USERFORM also be available for all the workbooks

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to add a few thoughts:
I think you have to differentiate using with and using in.

You can use the code and such now contained in Prog.xls in Prog.xls, but,
while operating in Prog.xls, you could design it to process the information
in the ActiveWorkbook/activeworksheet or a designated workbook/worksheet -
so you could have it act on the information in Data.xls. This is
essentially the concept employed in an XLA, so making PROG.xls an XLA would
probably be appropriate.

Tom Ogilvy

ssexcel wrote in message

Greetings !

I have one workbook where I have created an USERFORM and 2
macros(modules). (for better understanding I would call this
PROG.XLS)

I want to use this USERFORM and the macro in multiple(different) excel
work books which contains data and which I receive from my client. (for
better understanding I would call this DATA.XLS)

I want to paste(?) the USERFORM and Macros from PROG.XLS to DATA.XLS
automatically (using VBA) so that I can start using DATA.XLS.

I am new to VBA and I would request you to take this into consideration
while providing help.

Also I would like to know if I save PROG.XLS as XLA file would the
USERFORM also be available for all the workbooks

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
Just to add a few thoughts:
I think you have to differentiate using with and using in.

Tom Ogilvy

Thanks so much Bob and Tom for your help

Regard