Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code for a progress dialog??

I'm fairly new at writing macros in Excel, but I have some code that
runs for a while and I would like to display something that tells the
user that there's something going on and they need to wait. I'm using
Excel '97 so that may cause some problems. Right now I'm displaying a
message in the Status bar, but something more visible would be better.

Also, can anyone tell me why it takes so long for code to run when I
use VB to fill a page header??

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look at John Walkenbach's site

HTH

Bob Phillips

"lifter10101010" wrote in
message ...

I'm fairly new at writing macros in Excel, but I have some code that
runs for a while and I would like to display something that tells the
user that there's something going on and they need to wait. I'm using
Excel '97 so that may cause some problems. Right now I'm displaying a
message in the Status bar, but something more visible would be better.

Also, can anyone tell me why it takes so long for code to run when I
use VB to fill a page header??

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks!