Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default URGENT - Need date format for SaveAs code

In my VBA module, I need to save an Excel file into a folder created by a VB
program. The VB date format code is:
dates = Day(Now) & " " & Left(MonthName(Month(Now)), 3) & " " & Year(Now)
which today gave me a folder as "Folder 6 Nov 2003".

The problem is the single digit for the day, which will become a
double-digit next week. My VBA code of:
Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy")
wants to always give me a two-digit day - and then, of course, it can't find
the folder. How can I format this to give only a single digit on
single-digit days?

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since my preference is to always use 2 digits, my solution goes that way...

Right after dates = Day(Now) & " " & Left(MonthName(Month(Now)), 3) & " " & Year(Now) put

If Day(Now) < 10 Then dates = "0" & dates

I think it is always cleaner to use the 2 digits when dealing with month and day. When doing directory listings, the filenames line up correctly which makes reading it easier.

- Jason

"Ed" wrote in message ...
In my VBA module, I need to save an Excel file into a folder created by a VB
program. The VB date format code is:
dates = Day(Now) & " " & Left(MonthName(Month(Now)), 3) & " " & Year(Now)
which today gave me a folder as "Folder 6 Nov 2003".

The problem is the single digit for the day, which will become a
double-digit next week. My VBA code of:
Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy")
wants to always give me a two-digit day - and then, of course, it can't find
the folder. How can I format this to give only a single digit on
single-digit days?

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, Chip. I scrabbled through the Help files before posting, but
apparently couldn't form the proper question to find this. It works great!

Ed

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Ed,

Try

Format(Now,"d mmm yyyy")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ed" wrote in message
In my VBA module, I need to save an Excel file into a folder created by

VB
program. The VB date format code is:
dates = Day(Now) & " " & Left(MonthName(Month(Now)), 3) & " " &

Year(Now)
which today gave me a folder as "Folder 6 Nov 2003".

The problem is the single digit for the day, which will become a
double-digit next week. My VBA code of:
Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy")
wants to always give me a two-digit day - and then, of course, it can't

find
the folder. How can I format this to give only a single digit on
single-digit days?

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for responding, Jason. Since I like the 2-digit date also, I'll give
this a try. I'm eventually going to learn some VB, too - but right now Im
having trouble enough getting my macros right! 8)

Ed