Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help me please...

Dear friends... I need a real help...
I'm italian and I hope you can understand my poor english...

I have 3 files .xls
In the first one (A) I have an index of materials and of their codes, the
second one (B) is linked to A.
If I put a code in B1 I obtain in B2 the name of the correspondenting
material that is in A.
Where's the problem????
In the third file (C...I have a lot of file C) I have a very big list of
materials and I would like to transfer automatically all the materials in B
with a macro that could be this one...

1 read the material code in C
2 copy the code
3 put it in B1

Is this possible????
Thanx a lot for your patience and sorry for my ignorance in VB
programming....

Giacomo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Buongiorno Giacomo (this is as far as my Italian goes)

You can do this by using the VLOOKUP function. If you want to attach
samples of the three files here (not with the whole lists of materials,
just a few records) I can do it for you and explain how it's done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Don Guillett" ha scritto nel messaggio
Please do NOT attach files. Copy snippets and paste.

Don't worry...
I won't attach any file...