Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Launch an external telnet application

Hi,

I keep spreadsheets of network device IP addresses. I'd
like to be able to click on an IP address, and launch a
telnet session with SecureCRT, or TeraTerm, etc.

I can get Excel to launch the native DOS telnet app by
adding a hyperlink to the cell like "telnet:10.0.0.1",
but I need a terminal emulator that's' a little more
robust.

I've tried adding an action called "telnet" to the File
Type of "URL", which I made point to the .exe I'd like to
launch, but that doesn't work at all.

I've googled, but either I'm not phrasing my search
correctly, or it's just not out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Beer is on me! ;)

Thanks in advance.

EC