Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default content coloring

I need some help to figure out how to color text based on
some conditions.

In column C of my excel sheet I have planned date and in
column D I have actual start date. I have similar type
of information in column G and H. I have entries in
these columns for rows 1 to 147. Also, we enter data in
these cells manually and they change on daily basis.

I would like color of date in a column D to go red
whenever it is greater than the date in column C for any
row. Similarly color of date in column H should go red
whenever it is greate than column G for any row.

If you have ideas on how to dothis, please do let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
.....gurmeet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use format, conditional formatting

Select Column C and then select format, conditional formatting from the menu

Assume C1 is the active Cell

in Cell Value Is select Greater than and =D1

If you select it with the mouse, it will be entered as =$D$1, but remove the
$

Select format, then pattern tab and select red.

Repeat for Column G with
Cell Value is Greater than =H1

Tom Ogilvy