Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to package macro/VBA for commercial use?

Hi

I wrote a bit of VBA code to make a certain aspects of my
girlfriend's work a bit quicker, and the company she works
for have said they would be interested in paying to be
able to use it for all their employees.

At the moment it's just a massive Sub which runs when a
button is pressed, all within a .xls file. I'm wondering
what the best way of packaging the code so that it can't
be seen / edited / de-compiled / copied etc is? Obviously
I don't want to put all this effort in just to give
everyone free access to my beloved code!

thanks,
Haydn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Haydn Williams" wrote in message
Hi

I wrote a bit of VBA code to make a certain aspects of my
girlfriend's work a bit quicker, and the company she works
for have said they would be interested in paying to be
able to use it for all their employees.

At the moment it's just a massive Sub which runs when a
button is pressed, all within a .xls file. I'm wondering
what the best way of packaging the code so that it can't
be seen / edited / de-compiled / copied etc is? Obviously
I don't want to put all this effort in just to give
everyone free access to my beloved code!

The best way is to port it to a VB6 com add-in
but this will involve getting a compiler and a fair bit
of work

Less secure but easier is to port it to a VBA add-in
and password protect it

see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...xceladdins.asp

Keith