Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Range.cells.calculate give error 1004 only in XP

Hi,

One of my users have a workbook originaly designed in
excel 97 that have different ranges, in each of thoses
ranges the cells contain a RAND(). when run on excel 97
it work perfectly but in XP it give a error
1004 "calculate method of range class failed" the cells
and the sheets are not protected and the range have only
the "hidden" option On, (I tried to deactivate it and get
the same results).

I am able to get the value in the range.cells selected
but cannot calculate it, must be a new protection feature
of XP I do not know...

Any help would be appreciate

Many Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the worksheet isn't protected, the hidden option does nothing. It is
hard to see how a protection feature would be invoked if the sheet isn't
protected.

Do you have calculation set to manual and iteration turned on? Then see
this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=xl2002
XL2002: Run-Time Error When You Use the Range.Calculate Method

have DDE links:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=xl2002
Availability of Excel 2002 Post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package: July 11, 2003

if you did have iteration turned on, do you have intentional circular