Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XLA & COM files

Since Excel 2000 we've been able to save VBA code as a COM file. How
unviewable does this make our code? Is the file compiled? If someone
*really* wanted to see the code, would they merely need to buy a different
program for breaking into protected code?

Thanks.

Charley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Thomas. How does its file size compare to a normal XLA?

Charley

"Thomas" wrote in message ...
A com add in is compiled ,and only can be made in excel's developer
edition or stand alone VB6.you could get ASM out of it but thats all and
useless to most people.