Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.macintosh,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.queryDAO

Default Proper method for Excel/Query/Macro reporting

Hi All

1st of all sorry for the xpost, but I honestly don't know which group to
post this query in.

Basically I need to do an Excel report as follows:

* User enters an sales rep code into say cell A1 and then clicks a button on
the spreadsheet.

* An SQL query is executed to extract all sales rep details and put it in
the spreadsheet starting from say cell C1 onwards.

* one blank row inserted

* Another SQL query is executed to extract all sales rep's customer details
and put it in the spreadsheet starting after the 1st query's data + the 1
blank line.

* one blank row inserted

* Another SQL query is executed to extract all sales rep's notes and put it
in the spreadsheet starting after the 2nd query's data + the 2nd blank line.

* one blank row inserted

* Another SQL query is executed to extract all sales rep's prices and put it
in the spreadsheet starting after the 3rd query's data + the 3rd blank line.

If I was to do this in ASP I could do it all in 1 ADO connection and close
the connection once I'd finished the extraction to make it tidy.

Can somebody once and for all let me know the syntax for doing this sort of
thing much akin to how ASP/ADO works.

Many thanks.

Rgds

Laphan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.macintosh,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.queryDAO

Hi,

* User enters an sales rep code into say cell A1 and then clicks a button

on
the spreadsheet.

[...]

You can do this by creating Visual Basic code that executes the queries as
you mentioned. If you do not want to write such code from scratch, I suggest
you have a look at ExcelSQL. It allows you to enter SQL code in Excel cell
notes and then execute the code with a menu command (or from a macro). For
more information, see http://www.excelsql.com/

ExcelSQL is good choice if you know SQL and can write SQL comfortably. If
not, have a look at Microsoft Query instead.

--

Mikko Noromaa )
- SQL in Excel, check out ExcelSQL! - see http://www.excelsql.com -