Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 97 automatic cell format

Hi,

I have a problem with one of my users under Excel 97,
when he put the 01.02.03 value in a cell with
the "general" format, Excel change the cell format
to "Date"... but we do not want it to be a date. It is
not doing that under other Excel version (2002, XP...)
only on 97

Help on that would be appreciate

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Stef

I think the only way is to format the cell as text before you type 01.02.03
Or type '01.02.03 , you don't see the ' in the cell

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)