Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Publicising Benefits of VBA

Alternatively, make yourself indispensable with solutions within your
organisation, ensuring the solutions are tied into mission critical data,
charge out the costs incurred in creating them, and demonstrate the savings
the organisation can make in terms of man hours saved with each solution,
getting +ACI-management+ACI- to accept and action the savings (e.g. manpower+ACE-) Those
that spurned you (the manpower above+ACE-) in the past, might start to wake up+ACE-

However, most people aren't interested in vba/programming/what you like, and
will always want others to do this work

Joe

+ACI-Tim Childs+ACI- +ADw-tsnip1+AEA-yahoo.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message
Vasant

good to hear from you

I think I may not be sufficiently inspiring+ACEAIQ-

keep in touch and keep encouraging the others around you+ACEAIQ-

Tim

+ACI-Vasant Nanavati+ACI- +ADw-vasantn +ACo-AT+ACo- aol +ACo-DOT+ACo- com+AD4- wrote in message
+AD4- Hi Tim:
+AD4-
+AD4- +AD4APg-ideas how to inspire interest+ADwAPA-
+AD4-
+AD4- If you find out, let me know+ACE- I've been fighting a losing battle for
years.
+AD4- People are happy to have you do it for them but they don't want to take
the
+AD4- trouble to learn.
+AD4-
+AD4- Regards,
+AD4-
+AD4- Vasant.
+AD4-
+AD4- +ACI-Tim Childs+ACI- +ADw-tsnip1+AEA-yahoo.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message
+AD4- news:uxkaHfmmDHA.976+AEA-tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
+AD4- +AD4- Hi
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- I have tried to get my colleagues who use Excel interested in VBA but
+AD4- +AD4- without success - some like the VBA when it is +ACI-under the bonnet+ACI-, but
+AD4- +AD4- virtually no-one gets past first base. I enclose the advert I put on our
+AD4- +AD4- electronic message board.
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- Any ideas how to inspire interest apart from ongoing distribution of
good
+AD4- +AD4- tools, applications etc?
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- Thanks
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- Tim
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- +ACI-Don't ask what you can do for VBA+ACo-, ask what VBA can do for you+ACE--
+AD4- +AD4- with
+AD4- +AD4- apologies to John F Kennedy...
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- There are lots of things that can be improved with VBA (speeding
up
+AD4- +AD4- repetitive processes and making routine tasks error-proof and
doing
+AD4- +AD4- other
+AD4- +AD4- things that cannot be done +ACI-manually+ACI- at all etc). A very few
+AD4- examples
+AD4- +AD4- of
+AD4- +AD4- how it has been used in Divisional finance departments:
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- analysing data to provide coding information for invoices
+AD4- +AD4- automation of the distribution of files by e-mail
+AD4- +AD4- putting (full) paths in footers of Excel files (so they can be
+AD4- +AD4- found
+AD4- +AD4- more easily)
+AD4- +AD4- formatting of downloaded data files to reflect data type in
each
+AD4- +AD4- column
+AD4- +AD4- amending the search facility to search ALL sheets in a workbook
+AD4- +AD4- converting date +ACI-labels+ACI- into true Excel dates (numbers)
+AD4- +AD4- resetting the +ACI-last-cell+ACI- a.k.a stopping old spreadsheets
getting
+AD4- +AD4- bigger
+AD4- +AD4- and bigger
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- If this type of area is of interest to you, then please contact
me.
+AD4- I
+AD4- +AD4- may
+AD4- +AD4- well not know the answer, but I might know someone who does+ACE-
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- Tim x2336
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- +ACo- the macro language in Excel, Word etc+ACI-
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4-