Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default changing chart title via vba?

I don't understand why this is so difficult, but I'm trying to change
the title bar of a chart. I couldn't get the code to work, so I just
recorded a simple macro to see a "working" version. Problem is, the
recorded macro doesn't work either!

Here's the code from the macro:

Sub Macro1()
Sheets("3. FHS").Select
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("ProjGraph1").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "Text"
End Sub

When I press play from within the editor, I get:

Run-time error '-2147221080 (800401a8)':
Method'ChartTitle' of object'_Chart' failed

This should be so simple, but as a newbie, I'm making no progress
whatsoever ....