Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HOW to show in A2 the formule used in A1 ?

Hello,
I want to show in A2 the formule used in A1, but I want that if I change the
formule in A1, the A2 show directly the new formule.
Exemple :
1) I write in A1 : =12*1000+1000 (A1 show just the result of the formule :
13'000)
2) I want that in A2 the formule : " =12*1000+1000" appear, and that if I
change the formule in A1, A2 show directly the new formule.
Thanks for help and copie of answer to :

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Public function ShowFormula(rng as Range)
ShowFormula = rng(1).formula
End Sub

Put the above in a general module, not a sheet module.

in A2 put in

=ShowFormula(A1)

changing the formula in A1 would require and edit, so no reason to make the
formula volatile

Tom Ogilvy

: