Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamically display subset rows from one sheet in another sheet?

Hi,

In my "first" sheet I have the following 3 columns of data:

Person Date Choice
a 1 z
a 1 y
a 2 z
a 2 y
a 3 y
a 3 y
a 3 y
b 1 x
b 1 y
b 2 x
b 2 y
b 5 w
b 5 z
c 2 z
c 3 x
c 4 z
c 5 w

In the "second" sheet I want to:

Step 1. Ask the user to enter one Person and one Date.

Step 2. So if the user entered "a" and "2" then I would display:
a 2 z
a 2 y
In the "second" sheet as the results.

Step 3. Allow the user to clear his Person, Date and results.

Step 4. Do another search by going to Step 1.

My questions:
What is the easiest way to do this?
Can you give me the macro for this?

Thanks,

Luther

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

easiest?

make a PivotTable. No code needed.
Excel will do it all for ya!

keepITcool

lothario wrote:

Hi,

In my "first" sheet I have the following 3 columns of data:
Step 1. Ask the user to enter one Person and one Date.

Step 2. So if the user entered "a" and "2" then I would display:
a 2 z
a 2 y
In the "second" sheet as the results.

Step 3. Allow the user to clear his Person, Date and results.

Step 4. Do another search by going to Step 1.

My questions:
What is the easiest way to do this?
Can you give me the macro for this?

Thanks,

Luther

~~ View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or set the auto filter on the first sheet and do not even use
the second one.

The used will just select what they want from the drop down
options on the columns of the auto filter.

Use the menu Data -- Filter -- Autofilter

Chrissy.

keepitcool wrote