Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XLapp and SheetChange

Hi,

I am just learning about the XLapp functionality - and have been trying
to use this in my addin.

The problem I have is that I have a sheet setup macro that creates a
number of sheets, formats them, and creates column headings. Everytime
a sheet is updated - the XLapp_SheetChange is called.

Problem is that I have one sheet that I want the XLapp_SheetChange to
recognize and 'do' things - but I don't want it to do things when the
setup macro is running.

Is there a way in the XLapp_SheetChange I can tell that the setup macro
is being executed?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could possibly set some type of public variable, but probably better
would be to disable events in your setup macro

Public Sub Setup()

On Error goto ErrHandler

Application.EnableEvents = False

' code

' do not use Exit Sub
' always end going through the error handler

ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub